Saturday, February 13, 2016

Run for Love 5K



Today I finished my 5K in 37 minutes and 25 seconds!  Not much faster than the one January 1st but I only took one walk break and was able to jog the rest.  I am slowly but surely making improvements!


It was super duper cold at 9 degrees out with a windchill to make the real feel a negative 2.


I earned my second finishers medal and it is a sweet looking chocolate bar.


The race was really well organized, the course was a nice run through a park and a suburban neighborhood and I loved how they sprinkled the last quarter of a mile till the finish line with chocolate candy bars.  There were also yummy brownies and hot chocolate at the end.  It was run for love and chocolate after all :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, kudos to you for jogging in such frigid temps! Just a few more weeks until spring ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!!! I"m hoping to increase my pace this year and set some new PR's!!!!

    ReplyDelete