Saturday, March 12, 2016

Lucky Clover 4 Miler


Today was my first 4 Mile Race, The Lucky Clover!  I finished in 49 minutes 14 seconds for a split pace of 12:19!  I'm pretty happy with that :)  It was a fun race with lots of people in green and Irish music.


The first mile was the hardest which is weird, but true.  Surprisingly my legs didn't end up hurting for this one, just got winded.  I think with a little more willpower I would of made it the whole 4 miles without walking, but ended up walking about a half mile of it.


At the end it was totally worth it for a medal that pleases my little Irish heart <3  Seriously, it even matches my thumb ring.  At the end there was also Green Beer, a live band, donuts, water and of course bananas.  I enjoyed a banana and water.


Since green isn't something I wear much of I went with a Kiss Me I'm Irish theme instead and a touch of green.


One of the photos of me running isn't terrible enough for me to hide forever...


I look like I'm really moving, even if I look like I am in pain :)  Now that I have concurred 4 Miles onto longer and crazier distances I go!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your finish! I love the medal! :-) Keep rocking it!!!

    ReplyDelete