Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fruit & Veggies


I really don't like fruit and vegetables.  I have a short list of ones I do like, but it is a really short list.  This has to change.  Everything I have read says the easiest most effective way to sort of reset your taste buds and have an easier time eating(possibly even liking) your veggies is to do a sugar detox.  So I plan to pretty much do a Vegan Whole Food meal plan for a few weeks and then add eggs, chicken and cheese back into the mix later because I love cheese!  Seriously, I would give up chocolate long before I would give up cheese.  So it will be difficult, but since I know it will help me in the long run and it will only be temporary I am going to give up dairy for a bit.

All this to tell you that Pinterest is fantastic.  I have been looking up meal ideas and people are really creative and some of the recipes I am even excited to try.  My goal is to try each new veggie and fruit 3 times.  I have read that it takes 3 tries to acquire a taste for something, so it can't hurt.  Maybe by the end of my sugar detox I will be a fan of a lot more fruits and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment