Sunday, November 15, 2015

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can


I have been working hard on the Couch to 5K program.  It took me months to be able to finish the first day of it which alternated 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes.  I just could not make it though the whole 60 seconds of jogging for the longest time and then one day I was finally able to!  Today I am on week 4 of the program which consists of 3 minutes of jogging, followed by 90 seconds of walking, followed by 5 minutes of jogging, followed by 2.5 minutes of walking and then repeat.  I am happy to announce that I am fully able to do that!  I may jog slower than some walk, but I am able to keep jogging now and that's what's important to me :)

I don't listen to music while I walk/jog.  I used to always listen to music years ago while exercising, but I've found I enjoy the quiet time now.  I was laughing to myself when I thought how hilarious it would be if people could hear the thoughts in my head as I am working my way through this Couch to 5K program.  As I jog I find that when I want to quit going and don't know how I'm going to make it to the end of that 5 minutes(or whatever it is that day) I chant in my head encouragements.  "You can do this"  "Mind over matter"  "Just keep moving"  "Almost there" or a number of other things.  I end up sounding like The Little Engine that Could more often than not.  This little engine is pretty determined!

No comments:

Post a Comment